- Schwinn aluminum full suspension frame with front suspension fork for reliable, responsive riding
- 24-speed Shimano EZ-Fire trigger shifters and the Shimano rear derailleur provide a wide gear range and smooth shifting out on the trail
- Front disc brake and rear alloy V-brake combine for crisp all-condition stopping
- Light and strong alloy rims support knobby mountain tires for durable everyday riding
- Schwinn alloy crank offers optimal gearing and less pesky maintenance on your end
It has an aluminum dual suspension frame, which means it is lightweight, and will absorb the bumps and ruts that you encounter on the trail. In a similar way the front fork absorbs all the thumps up front, so your arms and shoulders don’t have to. There are 24 speeds with Shimano EZ-Fire shifters and a Shimano Altus rear derailleur. The speeds will help you climb the steepest hills and the toughest ravines and the brand names mean the engineering was done right, so there should be nothing but smooth shifting. The Promax front disc brake and rear alloy linear pull brake will give you confidence stopping in dusty and dirty trail conditions. The three piece cranks and double walled alloy rims are light but strong and means that you have a quality bike that was built for mountain biker that wants to get on the mountain and look like they know what they are doing. The Protocol is a solid ride that will give you confidence to get out there and try something new. Owning this bike means you can list mountain biking as one of your hobbies because no-lie, you look like you know what you are doing.