- Schwinn SmartStart geometry creates the perfect fit and provides more control and stability for young riders
- Seat and grips are designed smaller to fit a child's proportions and tool-free adjustable seat post for easy height adjustments on the go
- Narrow pedal width is sized to fit a child's hips
- Kid-specific seat and slack seat tube angle allow leg extension for easier pedaling and reach to grow with the child as the saddle is raised
- Front and rear caliper brakes for strong, intuitive stopping; rear coaster brake for added safety
- Top tube and handlebar pads add style and safety
Built by the Schwinn name that you’ve trusted for years, the Schwinn Mist is a great bike for young riders. The Mist has all the features a little rider needs, like a classic rear coaster brake, sturdy 20″ wheels and a tool-free adjustable seat post that can be raised as your child continues to grow. There are even front and rear caliper brakes to help transition your rider into hand braking. We’re confident your little one will love the matching chain guard, laser-printed seat, flower end plugs and handlebar bag that all combine for a fresh new look. And we’re only just getting to the best part. The Mist features all new Schwinn SmartStart geometry, a complete redesign of bike geometry that matches a kid’s body type to create a more comfortable, ideal riding position. This includes a lighter bike frame for added control, smaller grip handles to match smaller hands, and a more narrow pedal position to match narrow kid hips! Other kids bikes are just shrunken down versions of adult bikes, so typically the grips are too large, the pedals too wide, and the seats are too big. Combine the great riding experience with the Schwinn limited lifetime warranty (for as long as you own the bike), and the Mist is a parent and child favorite. Enjoy the freedom of riding a Schwinn!