- Schwinn Smart Start steel kids frame with rigid fork features kid-specific design for easier pedaling and handling
- Rear coaster brake and front hand brake for intuitive stopping.
- Tool-free adjustable seat post allows for leg extension, grows with the child as the saddle is raised.
- Training wheels, basket, and fenders included.
- 16-inch wheel fits riders age 3 - 5, or 38 to 48 inches tall. Comes with limited lifetime for as long as you own the bike.
A great choice for teaching your youngster how to ride a bike, the 16″ Jasmine sidewalk bike from Schwinn features a grown-up look that’s great for showing off around the neighborhood. It’s outfitted with an enclosed chain guard to help prevent snags and dirty pant cuffs. The rear coaster-style brake makes stopping a breeze for new cyclists, and the Jasmine also includes a front caliper brake which allows the child to learn how to use a handbrake safely. We’ve included training wheels for stability while your little one learns the invaluable skill of bike riding, and a tool-free adjustable seat post that lets your child grow with the bike. And we’re only just getting to the best part. The Jasmine features all new Schwinn Smart Start geometry, a complete redesign of bike geometry that matches a kid’s body type to create a more comfortable, ideal riding position. This includes a lighter bike frame for added control, smaller grip handles to match smaller hands, and a more narrow pedal position to match narrow kid hips! Other kids bikes are just shrunken down versions of adult bikes, so typically the grips are too large, the pedals too wide, and the seats are too big. Combine the great riding experience with the Schwinn limited lifetime warranty (for as long as you own the bike), and the Jasmine is a parent and child favorite. You probably learned how to ride on a Schwinn all those years ago. Now it’s time your child does too.